Search The Quiet Computer Guy

Thursday, December 10, 2009

How to Chat Using Command Prompt

Hi again and this is spy guy. Last post I told you that I'd teach you how to use command prompt to chat.Now for you beginners out there, command prompt or cmd, is a command-line interface (CLI)which is a mechanism for interacting with a computer operating system or software by typing commands to perform specific tasks. This text-only interface contrasts with the use of a mouse pointer with a graphical user interface (GUI) to click on options, or menus on a text user interface (TUI) to select options.Sometimes you can use cmd to access things that you wouldn't normally be able to access using a GUI. In general, this is a bit harder to use since most of the time you must memorize many commands or have them right in front of you if you are planning on doing a lot of tasks.
Now getting to the point: I'm not going to explain the whole thing on my blog, but I do have a link to an article on wikihow that I wrote.Actually, to tell you the truth, I wouldn't suggest using this method as it requires a great deal of fuss over a small chat box, when you can get a free program on the Internet somewhere.It also requires that both computers are on the same network, so I'd say this is just a geeky skill that might just come in handy some day.You never know.Anyway here's the link: Chat With Command Prompt
Signing off,
Spyguy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers